Click on a question below for further information about this course.
The aim of this course is to give delegates an understanding of the dangers from asbestos and to how to avoid exposing themselves and others to those dangers, thereby creating a safer work place.
The course is divided up into four sections:
1. What is asbestos?
The nature and properties of asbestos
The history of its usage
2. Asbestos and its effects on health
The effect of asbestos on health
3. Asbestos Containing Materials
Locations in buildings where ACMs are likely
The importance of the friability of an ACM
Different types of ACMs in buildings
4. Asbestos bans, laws, surveys and registers
Asbestos bans and the law
Asbestos surveys and registers
What to do in an incident
Technical support questions
If you continue to experience problems logging in, we recommend that you copy and paste your licence number and password from the email to avoid any accidental mistyping. No matter how careful you are in typing the details in, it’s easy to misread a letter or a digit. If you would like to know how to copy and paste, please follow the instructions below.
1. Open the email with your licence number and password. Please note that you will need to have your email and our website open on the same computer – you won’t be able to copy and paste from one device to another.
2. Move the cursor to the left of the long licence number.
3. Click and hold the left mouse button at the left of the licence number and drag across the number so that it is highlighted. You can release the left mouse button once the numbers are highlighted.
4. Move the cursor over the highlighted numbers and right-click (click the right mouse button). A short menu will appear.
5. Click ‘Copy’.
6. Switch to the log-in page on our website and move the cursor over the first input field. Right-click and the menu will appear.
7. Select ‘Paste’ and the licence number will appear in the field.
8. Switch back to the email and repeat for the password. Highlight it, right-click and select ‘Copy’:
9. Switch to the log-in form and right-click the second field. Select ‘Paste’:
10. You can now log in.